Nancy Ferree-Clark - "At the Name of Jesus" (January 1, 1989)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Nancy Ferree-Clark - "At the Name of Jesus" (January 1, 1989)
Sermon start time: 25:27. Sermon end time: 39:04.
Mary presents to the church a picture of what humble obedience to the word of God looks like in the face of such a terrible and awesome mystery as the incarnation of the Word. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Perhaps it is best simply to recognize that even for the church, Christmas itself is by grace. That for all our efforts to organize it, to wrap it up in plastic, to make it something comprehensible, it cannot be tamed.”
- January 1, 1989
- Ferree-Clark, Nancy
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0115
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection