David O. Via - "By What Authority" (June 11, 1989)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- David O. Via - "By What Authority" (June 11, 1989)
Sermon start time: 23:41. Sermon end time: 45:14.
The authority of God in Jesus Christ is both powerful and able to restructure our realities and yet uncoercive to our wills. We must access this power of God through faith in the word of Jesus. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “To have faith is to understand that it is the authoritative word of Jesus that restructures our reality.”
- June 11, 1989
- Via, David O.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0136
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection