Harry B. Adams - "To Persist in Prayer" (July 30, 1989)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Harry B. Adams - "To Persist in Prayer" (July 30, 1989)
Sermon start time: 26:12. Sermon end time: 46:31.
Jesus taught us that God hears prayer and answers prayer. Yet, even the believer may knock and find the door locked. In this case, Jesus also taught us to persist in prayer, not that we may change God but that, in persisting we may be changed. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Through Jesus Christ, we know a God to whom we can pray with faith and with assurance, but our confidence in prayer does not rest on its tested results, but in the conviction that God so loved us that Jesus Christ came to share life with us.”
- July 30, 1989
- Adams, Harry B.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0142
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection