Nancy Ferree-Clark - "Eternal Optimists" (August 5, 1990)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Nancy Ferree-Clark - "Eternal Optimists" (August 5, 1990)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 24:43. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 39:54.
We can remain optimistic because God is with us. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: Have you met any overly confident overly cheerful Christians lately? If not, try not to hold it against them. Indeed, Christians have every good reason to be of good cheer. Light has prevailed over darkness. Life has prevailed over death. Laughter, hope, joy, peace, compassion have prevailed over evil through Jesus Christ our lord. What is left to dread? God is with us through it all. Thanks be to God.
- August 5, 1990
- Ferree-Clark, Nancy
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0193
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection