Roberta Hestenes - "Do People Really Change?" (January 27, 1991)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Roberta Hestenes - "Do People Really Change?" (January 27, 1991)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 22:42. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 43:51.
What do we do with the turmoil inside us when we learn things we didn’t want to know, when things go wrong which you were not prepared for? Through God we can come to know joy and peace that we otherwise would not know. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “There is peace, there is courage, there is hope, there is comfort when we remember that God, the great God, the God who redeems and delivers, is the compassionate shepherd. Who does care, who is with us, who in Jesus laid down his life that we might have life. Abundant and whole and full of goodness.”
- January 27, 1991
- Hestenes, Roberta
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0219
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection