Eugene Taylor Sutton - "Quiet! The Church Is Being Born" (May 19, 1991)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Eugene Taylor Sutton - "Quiet! The Church Is Being Born" (May 19, 1991)
The Church has a habit of prefering silence and order to the noise and chaos of Pentecost. Yet it is this excitement, stoked by the flames of the Holy Spirit, that gave the Church its birth. Perhaps we should listen more carefully for it and join in. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 28:29. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 52:45.
Key quotation: “Can the church be born in the midst of this confusion, of this noise? The point I’m making in all of this is that the church was born in the midst of noise and confusion, not decently and in order.”
- May 19, 1991
- Sutton, Eugene Taylor
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0232
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection