Elizabeth Achtemeier - "Contingency, Chaos, and Christ" (June 23, 1991)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Elizabeth Achtemeier - "Contingency, Chaos, and Christ" (June 23, 1991)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 12:57. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 30:16.
Although we live in a world of seeming chaos, we live in a world that God created with deliberate and careful intention. As such, we should be comforted that God does care and will calm the world if we are truly in danger. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “God cares desperately that we not be overwhelmed and done to death by darkness and evil and the terrible failures and disorders of our lives.”
- June 23, 1991
- Achtemeier, Elizabeth, 1926-2002
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0237
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection