John M. Stapleton - "The Ultimate Sovereignty" (June 30, 1991)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- John M. Stapleton - "The Ultimate Sovereignty" (June 30, 1991)
Sermon start time: 26:59. Sermon end time: 53:50.
Jesus Christ has been crowned in the heavens as the ruler of this world, and that truth compells us, despite our doubts and despair, to come to church to praise him. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Who is this ruler of glory? He is Jesus Christ, and we are here almost because we can’t help it, despite our despair, despite our doubts, despite all of the reasons we could give and the excuses we could manufacture for not being here. But we are here. We can hardly help it.”
- June 30, 1991
- Stapleton, John M.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0238
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection