Ann I. Hoch - "Concealed in the Commonplace" (July 7, 1991)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Ann I. Hoch - "Concealed in the Commonplace" (July 7, 1991)
We often expect or desire that Jesus will reveal himself to us in spectacular and miraculous ways. Yet, as Scripture shows us, this is a mistaken expectation. Jesus is most powerfully present to us in common things and ordinary occurances. We must only attune ourselves to be able to perceive it. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 29:57. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 49:43.
Key quotation: “Jesus’ presence is concealed in the commonplace. We need only to have eyes to see it, ears to hear it, and faith to discern it.”
- July 7, 1991
- Hoch, Ann I.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0239
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection