Ann I. Hoch - "Through Thick and Through Thin" (June 21, 1992)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Ann I. Hoch - "Through Thick and Through Thin" (June 21, 1992)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 23:33. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 42:31.
Preacher emphasizes that faith guides us through thick and through thin. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: Would it not be more helpful to admit that there are thin times as well as thick times? And in those thin times, the thin edge of utter silence is what we all hear from God. And what do we do then? Well, we go on the last word we heard from the Lord if we have no new word. Or we listen to the reaction of the situation and do what we can.
- June 21, 1992
- Hoch, Ann I.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0285
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection