James W. Cox - "An Exclusive Love" (July 5, 1992)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- James W. Cox - "An Exclusive Love" (July 5, 1992)
The Apostle Paul teaches us from Galatians that, in the life of faith, we reap what we sow. If we sow seeds of immorality, we will reap destruction; and if we sow seeds of charity, we will reap the fruit of the spirit. Yet, even in the truth of this logic, God is gracious and powerful to transform us and to give us a better harvest than we deserve. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 26:04. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 47:52.
Key quotation: “But you and I can take courage, for God is the God of the impossible. God can change the kind of harvest that we seem destined to reap because of our stupidities.”
- July 5, 1992
- Cox, James William, 1923-
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0287
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection