Karen Westerfield Tucker - Sermon Untitled (December 27, 1992)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Karen Westerfield Tucker - Sermon Untitled (December 27, 1992)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 18:40. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 36:25.
With the slaughter of the innocents as the textual premise, she discusses that the birth of Christ is not a tinsel-wrapped, beautiful baby narrative but one of crucifixion - a story of how we are saved through the birth of Christ only first by the crucifixion and resurrection; pointing to a time when she directed the Christmas paegant and, rather than a baby doll, used a cross to symbolize Jesus, she asks the congregation to consider the pain this world is rife with and see how God is using it for his glory, even as a homeless and lowly babe. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- December 27, 1992
- Westerfield Tucker, Karen B. (Karen Beth), 1954-
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0308
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection