J. Alfred Smith, Sr. - "From January to December" (January 31, 1993)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- J. Alfred Smith, Sr. - "From January to December" (January 31, 1993)
We must learn to affirm the reality of God's existence, perform honest (if painful) assessments of ourselves, and be patient and committed to the slow, steady growth of sanctification that pushes us toward our true potential. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 22:06. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 40:56.
Key quotation: “From January to December, we shall be working. From January to December, we shall be struggling, stumbling, falling, only to get up again to possess the land, to reach for our potential, to grasp for the fruit on the tree of God’s promises.”
- January 31, 1993
- Smith, J. Alfred (James Alfred)
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0312
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection