Debra K. Brazzel - Sermon Untitled (June 20, 1993)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Debra K. Brazzel - Sermon Untitled (June 20, 1993)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 13:50. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 34:14.
Assuming the role of Hagar, Brazzel retells the casting out of Hagar and Ishmael and explores the problem of evil. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: It’s easy to get confused with the voices in our mind and sometimes we don’t know what’s our voice and what are other voice and what’s God’s voice. But I can tell you this: I know that the God who hears is not a cruel God and I don’t believe that God would have sent out a helpless woman and child into the desert with nothing but a skin of water and a loaf of bread…Abraham could have done better by his first-born child…I can’t blame God for that
- June 20, 1993
- Brazzel, Debra K.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0324
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection