Dennis M. Campbell - "A Thief in the Night" (November 14, 1993)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Dennis M. Campbell - "A Thief in the Night" (November 14, 1993)
Sermon start time: 33:01. Sermon end time: 52:15.
The Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night, that is, it will come as a surprise and with judgment. When Jesus returns, he will judge what we have valued and put our trust in for what it really is. Yet, Christians need not fear, for we have already known the coming of the Lord. Rather, we are charged to live as children of light in the intervening time. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Jesus Christ brings judgment on all our earthly goods and possessions. Judgment on all our assumptions about what is valuable. Judgment on all our pretense about position and privilege. Christ steals from us the treasure in which we have trusted.”
- November 14, 1993
- Campbell, Dennis M.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0345
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection