Thomas G. Long - "When Jesus Is Ashamed" (February 27, 1994)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Thomas G. Long - "When Jesus Is Ashamed" (February 27, 1994)
If we are to live honorably before God, then we must embrace the shameful life of Christ, taking on the cross and enduring the scorn of the world, as he did. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 14:51. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 30:18.
Key quotation: “In the paradox of the Gospel, not to be ashamed of Jesus in the world, is to be unashamed of the shame. To live the kind of shameful life that he lived.”
- February 27, 1994
- Long, Thomas G., 1946-
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0359
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection