Elizabeth Achtemeier - "What We Were Meant to Be" Extended Version - includes Raleigh Boys Choir Prelude (March 6, 1994)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Elizabeth Achtemeier - "What We Were Meant to Be" Extended Version - includes Raleigh Boys Choir Prelude (March 6, 1994)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 33:17. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 48:33.
The preacher asserts that Christ’s cross is deemed foolish contemporarily because it is a symbol of powerlessness in an age when people want to claim power to change the world. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “And because that is true friends, because we want to be independent of our maker, you and I and every faithless soul like us are just going to die. Die eternally. Far from home like runaway kids whose spree has ended”
- March 6, 1994
- Achtemeier, Elizabeth, 1926-2002
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0360
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Search Collection Guides
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection