Elizabeth Achtemeier - "Sure Promise" (November 27, 1994)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Elizabeth Achtemeier - "Sure Promise" (November 27, 1994)
There are two promises indicated in Jesus' apocalyptic sayings in Luke 21. First, though the world may be destroyed by our missles and greed and selfishness, God's word and coming kingdom will not pass away. But with this coming kingdom comes a second promise, namely, that we will be judged for our sins. The only way we will pass this judgment is by the mercy of God. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “The promise is that our Lord Jesus Christ will come again as he came once at Bethlehem, but this time he will come as our risen and exalted Lord to set up his rule over all the earth.”
- November 27, 1994
- Achtemeier, Elizabeth, 1926-2002
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0400
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection