Atiba Rondell Ellis - "The Power of the New Covenant" (February 26, 1995)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Atiba Rondell Ellis - "The Power of the New Covenant" (February 26, 1995)
Sermon start time: 10:08. Sermon end time: 39:26.
God's new covenant in Christ marks a removal of the veil that separated the people of God from God under the old covenant. Because of this, as Christians, we must not live our lives with veils of selfishness and apathy toward the suffering world. Instead, we must live God's love for the world plainly and unveiled. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “And like Paul’s Corinthians, we followers of Christ’s new covenant are transformed, our unveiled faces must show the glory of God boldly. We do not use veils to cover our lives and to cover what glory radiates from us through our Lord. We live the truth of God’s love plainly.”
- February 26, 1995
- Ellis, Atiba Rondell
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0415
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection