Kenneth L. Carder - "The Neighbor Question" (July 16, 1995)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Kenneth L. Carder - "The Neighbor Question" (July 16, 1995)
The Church, in its efforts of self-preservation and the maintenance of its institution, has become like the priest and the Levite. It either does not know where the ditches of the world are, or it actively avoids them. It is often those who appear as misfits to the Church that serve to remind us that God has claimed the ditches of the world as the place of divine presence. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Whoever else was in that ditch that day, God was there. For God has claimed all of the world’s ditches, all of the world’s stables, all of the world’s crosses, all of the world’s tombs, as the domain of the divine presence.”
- July 16, 1995
- Carder, Kenneth L.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0432
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection