Thomas G. Long - "Praying Without Losing Heart" (October 29, 1995)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Thomas G. Long - "Praying Without Losing Heart" (October 29, 1995)
Sermon start time: 24:34. Sermon end time: 44:51.
Jesus' parable about the persistent widow and the dishonorable judge is about the trustworthiness of God. If even a scurrilous judge will give a persistent widow justice, how much more will the God who created us give us justice if we ask? (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “It’s not a story about the structures of justice in human society. It’s not a story about the rewards of persistent prayer. It is a story about the character of God.”
- October 29, 1995
- Long, Thomas G., 1946-
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0449
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection