Desmond Tutu - Desmond Tutu at Duke Chapel - WTVD 11 (January 19, 1986)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Desmond Tutu - Desmond Tutu at Duke Chapel - WTVD 11 (January 19, 1986)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 38:14. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 59:38.
In this sermon, Desmond Tutu conveys his thanks to the Duke community for their prayers and support and encourages the community to continue to see each other as God's partners and recognize the Divine Incognito in the stranger and to partner with God until all are free. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: When God created us, he blew into us the breath of life, so that forever afterwards each one of us became a God carrier, each one of us had to be treated with deep reverence, each one of us was fragile. God carrying us in the palm of his hands, each one of us created in the image of God, each one of us God's viceroy, God’s partner.
- January 19, 1986
- Tutu, Desmond
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0503
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection