Calvin O. Butts III - Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Service (undated)
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Calvin O. Butts III - Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Service (undated)
Sermon start time: 38:01. Sermon end time: 1:11:09.
It was MLK Jr.'s love for America, which he learned from those great, black Americans who went before him, that spurred him on to fight for an America in which we would all be at peace together an no longer practice war and division. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., above all things, was a great American.”
- Butts, Calvin O., III
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Amos 18:14-24
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0505
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Copyright Undetermined
- Rights Note:
- Duke has not determined the copyright status of this item. Regardless of its status, we have made a good faith determination that online access through the Duke Digital Repository is an acceptable fair use and otherwise permitted under U.S. copyright law. For more information, see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection