[Organon of Aristotle].
- [Organon of Aristotle].
- Alternative Title:
- Organon. 1600
- Porphyry, approximately 234-approximately 305. Isagoge.
- Aristotle. Categoriae. 1500.
- Aristotle. De interpretatione. 1500.
- Aristotle. Prior analytics. 1500.
- Aristotle. Posterior analytics. 1500.
- Aristotle. Topics. 1500.
- Aristotle. De sophisticis elenchis. 1500.
- 1600 to 1700?
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 30 lines. Ruled on both sides of the lead with a thin pointed instrument.
Script: Written in a small Greek miniscule hand by two copyists: Scribe I: fol. 1-85, 122-208 by the scribe Damianos Guidotes; Scribe II: fol. 86-119 by an unidentified scribe who worked under the auspices of Damianos. Damianos Guidotes has given his name in a one-line colophon on the last leaf. Several other manuscripts written by him are known, all from the library of San Francesco della Vigna.
Origin: Venice, Italy. See notes on script.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Binding: In a modern binding of dark brown calf over binder's boards. Sewn of four raised cords; tooled with two concentric rectangles in blind fillets. A frame is formed within the edges of the upper cover by a wide Italianiate vegetal roll bordered by a triple fillet of one thick in the middle and two thins on either side. At the intersections in the corners on the diagonal are expansive fleur-de-lis stamps. Within the frame is a lozenge formed by a wide circular floriate roll, bordered by the same triple fillet as found on the frame.
- Venice (Italy)
- Greek, Modern (1453-)
- 209 leaves :paper ; 275 x 198 (213 x 112) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006041664
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 030
- Sponsor this Digital Collection