[Liturgies of Saint Basil, Saint John Chrysostom, and Saint Gregory].
- [Liturgies of Saint Basil, Saint John Chrysostom, and Saint Gregory].
- Alternative Title:
- Euchologion. Selections. Byzantine Greek. 1400
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Leitourgia proēgiasmenōn.
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Liturgy of St. Basil. Byzantine Greek. 1400.
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. Byzantine Greek. 1400.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 12 lines.
Script: At least two hands are represented: Scribe I (fol.1r-10v) writes in a small version of the liturgical hand associated with the Hodegon School; Scribe II (fol. 11r-151v) writes in a larger, more flourished style; he has a steady minuscule script occasionally leaning toward the right. Headings and initials in red ink.
Decoration: Simple bar headpieces in red; ornamental initials in red in the left margins.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Includes instructions to the Catechumens.
Binding: Bound in dark brown goatskin over boards. Blind tooled with triple forming a wide frame creating a central rectangular panel. In the corners are simple fleur-de-lis on the diagonal; in the center of the panel four stamps have been placed with sepals touching a double annular stamp in the center. In the fields at the head and tail the same annule has been placed. Raised secondary endbands worked in red and green with a crown bead and chevron pattern.
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 151 leaves :paper, illuminations ; 148 x 105 (100 x 73) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006040643
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 033
- Sponsor this Digital Collection