[Liturgical miscellany and prayers].
- 535 images
Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- All Images (535)
- Currently Displayed Image
- Small JPG 400px
- Medium JPG 800px
- Large JPG 1,200px
- Full-Res JPG Original Resolution
- Please be patient with high-res and bulk downloads.
- Skip to Item Info
- [Liturgical miscellany and prayers].
- Orthodox Eastern Church.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 21-23 lines.
First 3 fol. torn; edges of remaining pages worm-eaten and heavily worn. Signe-de-renvoi in top margin (fol. 7r). Lemmata written either in a red ink or wash. Testing of the pen on fol. 18r.
Script: The hand is a minuscule written in a black ink, occasionally in a red ink. In several margins, there is a scrawl written in a later hand and penned in black ink. Red uncial initials appear throughout, with occasional black uncial initials outlined in red.
Decoration: Some initials decorated in faded red, now often orange; some measuring 3-4 lines high. Ornamental headpiece in black and faded red. Ornamental penwork in red and black ink. Occasional bar ornamentation in faded red in the fore edge margin next to heading.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Binding: Modern binding of dark morocco by James McDonald Company, New York, May 1968. Rebacked, with wooden boards added and the original leather was used; some leaves silked.
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 256 leaves :paper, illuminations ; 206 x 120 (160 x 100) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006063839
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 035
- Sponsor this Digital Collection