[Sticherarion, Menaion for July 20, Elijah the Tishbite].
- [Sticherarion, Menaion for July 20, Elijah the Tishbite].
- Alternative Title:
- Menaion. July. Selections. Greek. 1600
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Sticherarion. Selections.
- circa 1600
- Orthodox Eastern Church.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript leaf.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 24 lines (12 lines of music and 12 lines of text).
Script: The hand is small, sometimes carelessly written as it carries the voiced letters throughout beneath the tone at which the word is sung. In contrast the ekphonetic notations are written in a strong dark, almost black ink.
Decoration: The only ornamentation is that of the initial letters, delta and eta, which have been decorated with penwork leaf and floral ornamentation.
Music: Contains musical notation.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Contents: Part of a ritual for July 20, the day sacred to the prophet Elijah the Tishbite.
- Elijah--(Biblical prophet)--Early works to 1800.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Liturgy--Texts--Manuscripts.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Liturgy--Texts--Early works to 1800.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Hymns--Early works to 1800.
- Hymns, Greek--Early works to 1800.
- Vespers (Music)--Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, Greek (Medieval and modern)
- Greek, Modern (1453-)
- 1 leaf :paper, illuminations ; 201 x 137 (135 x 100) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006024873
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 011
- Sponsor this Digital Collection