[Homilies 2 and 3 on Lazarus].
- 6 images
Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- All Images (6)
- Currently Displayed Image
- Small JPG 400px
- Medium JPG 800px
- Large JPG 1,200px
- Full-Res JPG Original Resolution
- Please be patient with high-res and bulk downloads.
- Skip to Item Info
- [Homilies 2 and 3 on Lazarus].
- Alternative Title:
- Eis ton ptōchon Lazaron kai ton plousion. Selections. Byzantine Greek. 1000
- circa 1000
- John Chrysostom, Saint, -407.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript leaves.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 2 columns of 28 lines; 28 lines ruled with a dry point on the hair side; few pricking marks are visible and there is damage to the upper foreedge of the leaves with a minor loss of text.
Script: Written in a very open script, short in height leaving ample space between the lines of text, apparently with rapidity, bearing a slightly rightward slant; the scribe mixes uncial and minuscule letters, and uses small accents that are placed well above the line of text.
Decoration: Ornamental penwork with the width of the column consisting of a trefoil with the axis parallel to the head of leaf, followed by alternating a single vertical bar and two short parallel horizontal bars. Ornamental initial in the outer left margin.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Fragments of Chrysostom's homilies on Lazarus (cf. PG 48: 991). The 3 leaves are securely affixed at the spine with animal adhesive; each leaf is numbered in pencil at the bottom of the inner column "15" on fol. 1r, "16" on fol. 2r, and "17" on fol. 3r; the proper order is fol. 3, 1, 2.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Sermons--Early works to 1800.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Sermons--Manuscripts.
- Rich man and Lazarus (Parable)--Sermons--Early works to 1800.
- Homiliaries--Early works to 1800.
- Sermons, Greek--Early works to 1800.
- Sermons, Greek--Manuscripts.
- Manuscripts, Greek (Medieval and modern)
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 3 leaves :parchment, illuminations ; 340 x 258 (286 x 193) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006049727
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 058
- Sponsor this Digital Collection