- [Christian topography].
- Alternative Title:
- Christian topography. 1682
- Cosmas, Indicopleustes, active 6th century.
- Manuscript copy of:Biblioteca medicea laurenziana. Manuscript. Plut. 9. 28.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 23 lines.
Script: The text is written in a western Greek scholar's hand, open and with considerable fluidity.
Decoration: Occasional penwork ornament and several schematic illustrations from the Laurentian manuscript.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Former shelfmark: Phillipps MS. 2581.
Copy of "Christian topography" from Biblioteca medicea laurenziana Plut. IX.28. The copyist has written: Die 21 junii 1682: Plut. 9. N. 28 Bibl. Laurent. Florentia titulus libri erat Topographia Christiana incerti authoris. There are marginal and interlinear notes which include alternate textual readings. Throughout the copyist has noted the order of the text of the Laurentian manuscript and provided short descriptions of the illuminations, including occasional outline drawings.
Binding: Parchment over boards.
- Florence (Italy)
- manuscripts (document genre)
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 182 leaves :paper, illuminations ; 223 x 160 (202 x 140) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006019588
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 061
- Sponsor this Digital Collection