[Liturgies of Saints Basil, Chrysostom, and the Presanctified and other liturgical readings].
- 384 images
Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- All Images (384)
- Currently Displayed Image
- Small JPG 400px
- Medium JPG 800px
- Large JPG 1,200px
- Full-Res JPG Original Resolution
- Please be patient with high-res and bulk downloads.
- Skip to Item Info
- [Liturgies of Saints Basil, Chrysostom, and the Presanctified and other liturgical readings].
- Alternative Title:
- Euchologion. Selections. Greek. 1510
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Leitourgia proēgiasmenōn.
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Liturgy of St. Basil.
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom.
- circa 1510
- John Chrysostom, Saint, -407.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 15 lines.
Script: The same hand is used throughout, but a smaller script is used beginning with the readings (fol. 79r). A vertical, almost squarish hand in black ink. Probably from the Hodegon palaeographical school.
Decoration: Short running penwork of rope or knotwork in red precedes certain readings (fol. 144r, 153r, 155r, 156v). fol. 2r: rectangular ornamental headpiece in red, foliate design with knotwork border, with cross extending from the top, now flaked; fol. 27v: rectangular ornamental headpiece in red, foliate design with knotwork border; fol. 62v: ornamental bar headpiece in red, foliate design with knotwork border; fol. 79v: Ornamental bar headpiece in red, foliate design with knotwork border; fol. 151v: Running penwork of ropes with accents and foliate finials, in red; fol. 176v: ornamental bar headpiece in red, foliate design with knotwork border.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Binding: Contemporary binding of brown leather, richly gilt designs include crucifixion in center medallion, flowers in decorative vases, on back a large cross filled with ornamental pattern, cherubs, torches, etc. Rather crudely rebacked in black leather, with floral stamps. Gilt ornamental gauffered edges. The front and back pastedowns are leaves from the same liturgical text--the one inside the upper cover pasted upside down and a second pastedown with earlier writing is visible beneath the pastedown on the cover.
- Greek, Modern (1453-)
- 190 leaves :paper, illuminations ; 190 x 142 mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006052919
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 076
- Sponsor this Digital Collection