[Menaion for September 5th, 12th, 13th and October 1st, 2nd].
- 106 images
Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- All Images (106)
- Currently Displayed Image
- Small JPG 400px
- Medium JPG 800px
- Large JPG 1,200px
- Full-Res JPG Original Resolution
- Please be patient with high-res and bulk downloads.
- Skip to Item Info
- [Menaion for September 5th, 12th, 13th and October 1st, 2nd].
- Alternative Title:
- Menaion. Selections. Byzantine Greek. 1100
- Orthodox Eastern Church.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 1 column of 26 lines.
Script: A small minuscule in black ink. On some leaves, the ink appears to be written in a different black ink (e.g. fol. 31r). Black initials appear slightly larger than the text. The letters kappa, phi, and zeta have long flourishes at the bottom of the line.
Decoration: Penwork ornament in black ink. Ornamental bar headpiece over a heading of ornamental uncial initials(fol. 31r).
Title cataloged from existing description.
A portion of a larger volume which contained readings and liturgical instructions for September and much of October. Preserved now are only readings for September 5, 12, 13, and two other identified days, and for October 1, 2, and a portion of another day.
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 51 leaves :parchment, illuminations ; 247 x 183 (172 x 118) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006063853
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 086
- Sponsor this Digital Collection