[Gospel lectionary fragment from Matthew Saturday-Sunday]
- 2 images
Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- All Images (2)
- Currently Displayed Image
- Small JPG 400px
- Medium JPG 800px
- Large JPG 1,200px
- Full-Res JPG Original Resolution
- Please be patient with high-res and bulk downloads.
- Skip to Item Info
- [Gospel lectionary fragment from Matthew Saturday-Sunday]
- Alternative Title:
- Evangelion. Selections. Byzantine Greek. 1100
- Orthodox Eastern Church.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript leaf.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Written in 2 columns of 23 lines.
Script: A flat, squarish hand, open and evenly spaced, with a generous use of uncials, written in a dark ink with a wide nib. Vertical and very clear in dark ink with notes for chanting. Headings and punctuation in red ink.
Decoration: Two ornamental initials in red ink, with slightly foliated cross bar and knotted shaft and foliate finial, measuring as high as five lines of text.
The formula for the beginning of each lection, preceeded by four dots arranged in a lozenge: Ek tou k[a]t[a] Matth[aion].
The formula for the beginning of each lection, preceeded by four dots arranged in a lozenge: E̓κ του̃ κ[α]τ[ὰ] Ματθ[αι̃ον].
Title cataloged from existing description.
A single leaf from Saturday-Sunday lectionary for the gospel of Matthew. Trimmed at the fore edge, affecting the edges of the letters at the margin; some loss of text.
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 1 leaf :parchment, illuminations ; 220 x 141 (210 x 141) mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006052845
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 089
- Sponsor this Digital Collection