[Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great].
- 2 images
Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- All Images (2)
- Currently Displayed Image
- Small JPG 400px
- Medium JPG 800px
- Large JPG 1,200px
- Full-Res JPG Original Resolution
- Please be patient with high-res and bulk downloads.
- Skip to Item Info
- [Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great].
- Alternative Title:
- Liturgy of St. Basil. Byzantine Greek. 1300
- Orthodox Eastern Church. Euchologion. Selections. Byzantine Greek. 1300.
Forms part of the Kenneth Willis Clark Collection of Greek Manuscripts (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University)
Format: Manuscript roll.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: In the form of a scroll, with writing on both sides. The writing runs transversely, not in columns. Writing space 135 mm and runs the length of the roll on both sides. Margins and lines ruled for the entire length of the scroll; 0riginal length of scroll was probably 19 feet. The beginning and end of the liturgy are wanting.
Script: A flowing, pendant minuscule script written in medium brown ink and occasionally leaning slightly to the right. Frequent ligatures, finial flourishes, and nomina sacra. Marginal initial uncials and liturgical instructions appear in dark reddish orange.
Title cataloged from existing description.
Binding: One end-stick preserved; wooden, chipped on left end, 330 mm in length.
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- 1 roll :parchment ; 270 x 5380 mm
- Digital Collection:
- Early Manuscripts collection
- See catalog: https://search.library.duke.edu/search?id=DUKE006031028
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Call number: Greek MS 014
- Sponsor this Digital Collection