Anothomia, oder, Abcounterfettung eines Mans leyb : wie er inwendig gestaltet ist. (video)
- Anothomia, oder, Abcounterfettung eines Mans leyb : wie er inwendig gestaltet ist. (video)
- Vogtherr, Heinrich, 1490-1556, printer
Woodcut anatomical male and female figures. Four flaps beneath and including the torso on each figure are movable and reveal respiratory, digestive, reproductive, and other organs; head is also moveable; descriptive text printed in three columns, including above the figure; woodcuts of organs accompany the text.
A separate print for the female figure printed simultaneously. Cf. Carlino.
Text printed in three columns.
Not in VD 16 (online).
Sheet with female figure imperfect (40 x 27 cm): Edges of sheet are heavily trimmed; possibly lacks head of sheet where title and additional explanatory text would be; the foot of the sheet is torn, with loss of imprint.
Referenced by: Carlino, A. Paper bodies, 4.
Video demonstration of a previous web interface for viewing this item. View the still image version here: https://idn.duke.edu/ark:/87924/r4hx1d07r.
- [Strasbourg] : Mit kayserlicher Mayestat Freyheit, getruckt zu Strassburg durch Heinrichen Vogtherren, anno MDXXXVIIII 
- 2 prints on 2 sheets : woodcuts ; 58 x 28 cm
- Digital Collection:
- Anatomical Fugitive Sheets
- Josiah C. Trent Collection. Acquired as part of the History of Medicine Collections (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Free Re-UsePublic Domain
- Related Resources:
- See below
- Adopted by Harsha Murthy T'81 in memory of M.S.N. Murthy, M.D.