Interview with Zhou Chengshun
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Interview with Zhou Chengshun
Zhou Chengshun (b. 1940) is a resident of Jimingqiao Village, Baiyun Town, Shimen County, Hunan Province. During the Great Famine Zhou did not suffer from hunger thanks to his position as the director of the people’s commune canteen. In his memory, no villager died of starvation in their canteen. Zhou also recalls that slogans were written on some young women’s breasts to mobilize the workers at the construction site of Heping Reservoir in 1959.
Transcripts for this interview and more may be available under the ‘Documents’ link above. 采访抄录和相关内容，请点击查看上面的’Documents’链接。
- Digital Collection:
- The Memory Project
- Source Collection:
- The Memory Project Oral History collection | 民间记忆计划口述史
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Rights Note:
- Rights in these materials are owned by their creators and are licensed for reuse under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License (English: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0. Chinese: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.zh). For reuses beyond the scope of that license or for other questions about rights, please see: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection